Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Masses and masses of squash!!

I have so much summer squash in my garden and we were getting a little sick of eating steamed squash every night. I found this recipe on the internet and thought I would give it a try. I have made it twice now and everyone who has tasted it really liked it. I have had a few requests for the recipe so here it is...

Summer Squash Casserole

2 lbs summer squash (the yellow crooked neck kind)
1 med. onion (chopped)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup butter (softend)
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 egg
1 sleeve ritz crackers (crushed)

-Cut squash into small peices, steam squash and onions together until tender. In seperate bowl add salt, pepper, butter, cheese and egg. Mix well. Add squash and onions. Pour into casserole dish. Crush crackers and put on top of casserole, dot with butter. Bake at 350 until top is brown-about 45 min.

2 comments:

Jer and Jealin said...

Yay! Thanks for posting it. It was seriously delicious. I forgot to get a couple squash from your mom's garden. :( Crap, now I gotta pay for it. ;)

Dana said...

Yay! ( I know Jealin already said that...but...Yay!)

Thanks for posting this recipe...I already bought Ritz crackers, anticipating the recipe.

Yummy!!!

You are so cute, by the way. It was fun to see you the other day.

Good luck in the nest couple weeks with your little bundle!