Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So boring!

I have been a terrible blogger lately! There just isn't anything exciting going on these days. We had a little set back with Zander and the sleeping through the night thing. He did so good for about 2 weeks then he started waking up around 1 or 2 and would NOT go back to sleep. We would get him out and rock him and he would just fight us the whole time so we would tell him night, night and put him back in his crib and walk out and he would scream for 1-2 hours. So I decided that I wasn't even going to get him out of his bed, I was just going to walk in, pat him on the back and say "Go back to sleep, I love you." and walk back out. The first time I did this he cried for 15 min. and went back to sleep until 6:45, (yeah! I have to say I did not expect that) and the next night he slept through the night. Than last night he woke up at 5, I patted his back and walked out and he cried for 40 min, than fell asleep until 8. I hate letting him cry! But I know that if I keep giving in I will never get any sleep. I hope one of these days he will start sleeping through the night consistantly, I never know what to expect from him when I go to bed at night. Baylie was really sick all last week, she had a really bad cough and would cough through the night. Every time she coughed I would just cringe and hope that Zander didn't get woken up. She is all better now thank goodness. She missed a whole week of school and wouldn't you know it was the week they did core testing so now she has lots to make up! Poor kid.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Stacie! I am just now finding your blog! :) I hope Zander is doing better! We have the same problem because Scott and Hailey's rooms are next to each other and I always worry Scott will wake her up when he coughs. Also we changed our blog address- now it's www.kevinnicoleandkids.blogspot.com