Sunday, March 29, 2009

WAY EASY Recipe

My mother-in-law gave me this recipe to try. I know it sounds a little strange but it is seriously good and it takes less than 15 min. from start to finish. Even my picky little Baylie loves it. The tortillas end up tasting like soft yummy noodles(which is what Mark thought they were the first time I made this.) This makes enough for four people so if your family is larger you may want to double it.

BEEF TACO SKILLET

1 lb ground beef
1/4 onion (diced)
1 cup salsa
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup water
3 lg. tortillas (cut into 1 in. peices) I stack them on top of each other and cut them up with my pizza cutter.
1/2 cup shredded colby/jack cheese

Cook beef and onions together, drain grease. Stir in soup, salsa,water and tortillas, heat to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 min. Stir and top with cheese.

5 comments:

Jer and Jealin said...

Perhaps you should make this for me when we come up. That way I could let everyone know if it's really all that good. We'll get the groceries. (Otherwise we'd starve at your mom's. :))

Tawnia Zilles said...

I already have this recipe and I love it. You are right, it is way easy and yummy. I found it in a Better Homes and Garden magazine. The best part is that my kids love it.

Kari said...

I just read your comment and just love Baylie. i would love to teach her if you're willing to make the drive down! ha ha

Josh and Cara said...

Thanks! Sounds yummy! I'm going to try it this week!

Quiggle said...

I think I might be able to handle this one.