Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I love my crockpot

I love cooking meals in my crockpot, it makes life so much easier to make dinner earlier in the day when there is not so much going on. Evening time gets a little crazy around here... the girls need help with homework, Zander gets a little grumpy, the girls need to be run to gymnastics, young women's etc. It gets kinda frustrating to try and find time to make dinner so I use my crockpot as much as possible. If any of you know any good crockpot recipes send them my way, and here is a yummy, easy recipe for you.

Crockpot Lasagna

1 1/2 lb.Hamburger 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 onion chopped 1 can olives, sliced
1 (26 1/2 oz.) can spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu traditional)
1 pkg. Lasagna noodles 1 cup Mozzerella cheese, grated
1 lb. container cottage cheese 1 TBSP. Parmesan cheese
1 TBSP. Basil 2 TBSP. Sugar


Brown hamburger and onion together. Combine hamburger, spaghetti sauce, basil and sugar. Layer ingredients in crock pot as follows: Sauce mix, lasagna noodles, 1/4 cup water, sauce mix, cottage cheese, lasagna noodles, 1/4 cup water, sauce mix, cheddar cheese, lasagna noodles, 1/4 cup water, sauce mix, olives, mozzerella cheese, olives and parmesan cheese. Cook for 3 hours on low.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Try this blog. It's one my friend started. http://whatcha-gotcookin.blogspot.com/ I'm not sure if there are crockpot recipes, but there are some dinner ideas.

Mark & Stacie said...

Sweet thanx jules!!!

Josh and Cara said...

Thanks! Maybe I'll make that tonight! I love crockpot recipes! One that we love and that is so easy is just chicken tenderloins, 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 pkg. taco mix! Let it cook for 4 hours and ya have yummy-easy tacos! I'll have to think of some more we love!

Mark & Stacie said...

thanx Cara , that sounds yummy!

Holly said...

Hi Stacie!
I have TONS of crockpot recipes we love. I'll email them to you. I use my crockpot two or three times a week - it's definitely a lifesaver in the kitchen. Also - check out this website - it's fabulous:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/