Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Zander's 4th birthday

We had Zander's first friend birthday party on Saturday! He is obsessed with Mickey Mouse right now so of course he wanted a Mickey Mouse party. There are so many kids here in the neighborhood and I didn't want to leave any out so I went ahead and invited all 17. Yep , crazy, I know but its ok cuz only 13 showed up hahaha! Good thing I had some help here.  I had it all perfect in my mind how I wanted everything to be,  I was up until  3 am. the night before and up early again the next morning but I still ran out of time!
And, I ran out of black food coloring! I thought i had plenty but it had started to dry up. Dang! So the bottom and top layer of the cake turned out gray.There were also a lot of other details that I wanted to add to the cake, but like I said...I ran out of time. But oh well its still cute right??  I also wanted to fill the front yard with helium balloons in mickey mouse colors....black and white polka dot and red and yellow ones. I figured on about 40, stuck into the ground with golf tees at varying heights. But apparantly there is a shortage of helium right now (who knew?) so Walmart would only fill 10 balloons for me. I cheated and had Baylie get 10 for me too. But still I only ended up with half as many balloons as I wanted.
My fabulous sister-in-law made Mickey and Minnie ears for all of the kids. They turned out so cute!

We also set up a backdrop and took pictures of all of the kids. Unfortunately we got all of them except my own kid! GRRRR ARRGH! Im not sure how that happaned!


We made Mickey Mouse shaped sugar cookies and let the kids decorate them, had a cake walk and played toilet paper bowling.



And we busted open a pinata! You gotta have a pinata!

All in all, I think it turned out pretty good and the kids had a blast!




No comments: